Saturday 3 May 2008

Fishing Report: 2nd May 08 - River Colne, Essex

It had been such a nice day that I couldn't resist spending a couple of hours on the river with the spinning gear again, even though I wasn't confident of getting much. As it turned out I wasn't to be disappointed because although I worked hard with a Rapala X-Walk for the whole session, the fish just weren't playing. Such is life!

Despite the lack of fish it was a truly nice evening and it was promising to see the water so clear this early in the summer season, so some action on the lures should only be a matter of time. I am reliably informed that some small Bass have been caught at Bateman's Tower and I've now seen the Bass working across the river twice, so things are hopefully soon to improve in the river, fishing wise.

0 Comments: